Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data labels not showing PBI Desktop 2023

youngja_66_0-1704840966145.png

youngja_66_1-1704840978473.png

PBI standard stacked column chart

Data labels no longer appearing on latest update to PBI desktop, also not working when published to app service.

Have attempted, resize of visuals, responsive on/off, data label sizing etc.

Tried a few 3rd party chart visuals and works.

Any ideas

Hi all,

I'm glad you found workaround and shared it, for those of you who have had similar experiences check out the comments below.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
youngja_66
Frequent Visitor

Below is a screenshot showing the issue.

LHS is Nov 23 software, RHS is Dec 23 software for PBI desktop.  The exact same pbix is opened in both.  LHS = Yes Labels, RHS = No Labels.  Another issue is that if we publish from the Nov version software, the app.powerbi service appears to be updated as well, thus labels not appearing.

youngja_66_1-1704950014759.png

PaulP
Regular Visitor

I'm totally with @youngja_66 on this one - the December 23 update has set data labels to 'off'. I'm not prepared to run through all of my reports to switch them back on.

youngja_66
Frequent Visitor

I have been through an changed the graph type, and have only found that adding small multiples to the stacked column chart will you be able to see label.  But this is not suitable for prewnting visualisation of data variation across the timeseries.

I tried changing from the Stacked column chart to various other graphs below.  No labels.

youngja_66_0-1705270477123.png

varsha_bhat

Hi all,

I did encounter the similar problem where the labels that were working perfectly fine in Nov version were no longer working in Dec version.
One work around that i did which actually worked for me was to re add the value under data label for the chart and this way you don't have to recreate the table and your labels were appear back.
Thank you and let me know if that helped.

varsha_bhat_0-1706169131184.png

youngja_66
Frequent Visitor

@varsha_bhat Thank you. This appears to work.  But had to do this at 'All' series level.  Once I did this, I was then able to reapply the settings at the individual series level labels .

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi all,

I'm glad you found workaround and shared it, for those of you who have had similar experiences check out the comments below.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn