Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data Colors in Service Change from One Day to the Next

We have a report that is used by hundreds of users in presenting data to customers, and we're finding that the data colors in the same exact visual with the same exact legend headings changes from one day to the next when the report is accessed on the service. Note the item BILL is a different color yesterday, vs. today's output. Obviously, we'd like the colors to remain consistent for customer presentation as well as user understanding from day to day. Both images below are from the service. 

AMYtmp.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Shelley,

Does the report use custom them to define color? If it does, would you please share the .json file with us? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Shelley
Continued Contributor

Yes, it does. Is there a way I could email you the JSON file?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Shelley,

Please send your JSON file and sample pbix file to email v-qiuyu@microsoft.com.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Shelley,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 86291750. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Shelley,

I got information below: 

Series colors are chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis for each page. They are remembered across visuals, meaning a category like "Vegetables" will be the same color on all charts that have it, but different users may see different colors depending on timing. Things like Filters can affect which categories get which colors, if you load the report with saved filters some categories won't be assigned a color until you clear the filter. We have a plan to address this but it is low priority. User can set explicit colors using the Data Colors property card.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu