Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

DatFlow refresh blocked - power bi

Hi everyone, I have a DataFlow on power BI with scheduled refresh that is not working anymore. in particular when i stat a maual refresh it seems to start and after one minute failed but without giving an error. I tried to access with api again and it seems ok.

it is stucked on the 26/6/2024 7:00 and also the scheduled refresh are blocked- at the next one at 26/6/2024 11:00.

any suggestions? we also try to give the "take over" to another team memeber and enter the dataflow credential for the data and we had the same issue. evreything seems ok but when you try to refresh , it does not start and it is not giving a warining signal.

thank you in advance.

Hi @LS53 

I am so glad to heard that your dataflow works well . I haven't done anything on my end, this may be an occasional issue. You guys can follow up on this issue and see if the failure to refresh occurs again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @LS53 

Can a scheduled refresh be performed normally before this dataflow? What is the data source associated with the dataflow? Is the datasource up and running? If you manually refresh the dataflow, what is the result?

Best Regards,

LS53
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

yes before 26/06/2024 the scheduled refresh and also the manual refresh were nomally performed.

we connect to the data with API to a company database. we asked to them if there was some problem in their side and apparently they are ok.

if we try to manually refresh, it seems to start but after 20 sec. it stops without giving a warinig sign.

thank you very much for your time.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @LS53 

There is no error reported when refreshing, have you checked the refresh history to see if there is a corresponding record in there with the details? Also, does your other dataflow perform scheduled refresh properly?

Best Regards,

LS53
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

yes, there is no waring or error sign, the history is stucked at 26/06/24 in the morning after the scheduled refresh.

yes, we have another dataflow linked to the same database with the same query but more history of data and some different query, that perform well. this is why we can not understand and this is why it seems not to be a porblem od the databse were we connect.

Moreover, if we open the data flow and try to modify the query, the preview show that the historic series are updated.

thank you in advacne and have a nice day.

Ludovico

Max_
Frequent Visitor

Hi Both - I am experiencing the same issues with my dataflows and datasets since this morning. However, unlike for @LS53 , all dataflows seem to be affected.

JeffMen

Hi all, We got the same issue here. All of our dataflows cannot be refreshed in any way or form. also we can't publish and replace an existing report , it just infinitly loads. 

LS53
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft Hi,

This morinig it seems working proprely again by itself. we woke up and the scheduled refresh was done!

If you have done something thank you very much.

could you explain us what happened? what we can do to make it not happaning again?

thank you very much.

Ludovico

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @LS53 

I am so glad to heard that your dataflow works well . I haven't done anything on my end, this may be an occasional issue. You guys can follow up on this issue and see if the failure to refresh occurs again.

Best Regards,

Max_
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,
I still have this issue on my side, but this might be related to the general outage that we currently see, right?

Max__0-1719995367975.png