Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dashboard visual not displayed because 'the artifact belongs to a user that is not in the system'

I have a visual from a report pinned to a dashboard. It has been working for 2 years just fine but now it has an error on the dashboard: "Can't display the visual". The details is saying: "The artifact belongs to a user that is not in the system and for which we cannot execute the query." I can pin it again and it works for a day or so and then same error again.

This specific report was built by a user that is no longer working for our company but the owner of the report is a workspace so it should be fine? What could have suddenly caused this and how to solve it?

Hi @Anonymous 

To be precise the workspace is just a place to store the content, the permissions of the report depends more on the creator. Anyway , I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to Delivered .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

Does this user's account still exist? Maybe you can keep this user's account and license, so you can access the content in the report normally. If it is not feasible to keep the account, you can also take over the dataset created by this user and make sure that the dataset has active users.

How to Take Over Dataset : Support (tygraph.com)

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

I took over the dataset and I believe it will work now. I thought the workspace was the user in this case because it was the owner in dataset list. Earlier there was the names of the users on that list. But indeed taking it over in Dataset Settings should do the trick.

Thank you!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

To be precise the workspace is just a place to store the content, the permissions of the report depends more on the creator. Anyway , I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to Delivered .

Best Regards,