Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

DIN font causes incorrect initial rendering of matrix visuals

Odd issue when using the DIN font for a matrix visual.  When the report is first opened, something about the cell size or padding is being rendered larger than designed. Anything that causes the visual to re-render, such as clicking a cell or interacting with a slicer, will result in the correct/expected visual.  Some screenshots below, as well as a sample .pbix and a video of the behavior.

On initial page load (note scrollbars):

ND_C_0-1673992750316.png

After interaction causes a re-render:

ND_C_1-1673992779580.png

Sample .pbix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjk0n3hx0to5sk8/matrix_example_DIN_error.pbix?dl=0

Screen recording of behavior: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qocasij2jgzyd17/screen_recording.mp4?dl=0

Hat tip to @tex628 who spotted that this seemed to be specific to DIN for some reason.

Hi @ND_C 

I tested it using the pbix file you provided . The problem you describe does exist, but when you interact with it, the problem disappears in a small way, and after that I switch fonts at will and the problem does not appear again .

In this case, it is recommended to enlarge the size of visual and reduce the font size appropriately, so that there will not be the situation you described.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @ND_C 

I tested it using the pbix file you provided . The problem you describe does exist, but when you interact with it, the problem disappears in a small way, and after that I switch fonts at will and the problem does not appear again .

In this case, it is recommended to enlarge the size of visual and reduce the font size appropriately, so that there will not be the situation you described.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao