Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DAX Intellisense, October 2021 Update .

Hi All,
It does appear that the make over of the DAX editor is very unproductive when authoring code as the user now experiences giant pop ups appearing and obscuring large , if not all, of the preceding code in the editor window. It's very distracting for the user and increases the complexity of both writing and learning DAX which I am sure all will agree, is at the very heart of Power BI. I have many screenshots and can point you by way of example to many other users who share my opinions. Are there are any plans to change or modify this feature in a future release, as it has created a very poor impression of the product for new adopters trying to learn and execute the language of Power BI and a diminished user experience for long time users like myself.

We like the coloured font and could probably get used to the strange icons but we have to be able to see the code to enjoy and interact with the product. 

Please, let's have a rethink.

Comments
CraigsterT
Advocate I

Sorry for the delay - they are using the update below. Please tell me this is the first update and I will redact my comments. Also this is the October update no matter what version - has there been any further improvements to the intellisense since in the November Update? What I am particulalrly anxious about is the experience I had with column names in Oct v1 where no matter how hard I tried I could not get a column to come up so I could select it. For instance , when I am using Contoso with the September update I am confident that if I type order and then tab that Sales[Order Date] will be selcted and I have got use to this intuitive selection from the intellisense will the November update give me the same or will I have to search like a fool ? Just getting a little paranoid perhaps but I feel an update should be progressive not regressive . Let me know if you have any thoughts or comments  please and thanks again for the response. 

Craig.

CraigsterT_0-1637090645948.png