Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom branding logo is missing and no possibility to go back to Home when using Power BI App

Hi,

Is it just me or after recent layout refreshment in Power BI Service the custom branding logo + Power BI (text with redirection to Home Page) is not visible anymore when opening Power BI Reports and Power BI Apps? 

Moreover, the Power BI menu bar is not visible in Power BI Apps what means that there is no possibility to easily go back to Home Page 😞 

Regards,

Karo

Hi @karo 

Custom branding logo ? Can you explain it in detail ? 

Recently Service did an update, the navigation bar on the left side is all shrunk, only the icons are displayed, when you put the mouse on the relevant icon will display the corresponding introduction.

As for your mention of "the Power BI menu bar is not visible in Power BI Apps what means that there is no possibility to easily go back to Home Page ", I don't quite understand, there is a Go back button in the bottom left corner of the app, we can go back to the home page from the app through this. Maybe you can explain it in detail?

Ailsamsft_0-1679365393296.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
josebressan

I have the same issues on Edge, in Chrome, the custom branding is working.

MarcoPBI22
Regular Visitor

same issue here on Edge with the custom branding is not working on Edge.  

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @karo 

Custom branding logo ? Can you explain it in detail ? 

Recently Service did an update, the navigation bar on the left side is all shrunk, only the icons are displayed, when you put the mouse on the relevant icon will display the corresponding introduction.

As for your mention of "the Power BI menu bar is not visible in Power BI Apps what means that there is no possibility to easily go back to Home Page ", I don't quite understand, there is a Go back button in the bottom left corner of the app, we can go back to the home page from the app through this. Maybe you can explain it in detail?

Ailsamsft_0-1679365393296.png

Best Regards,

karo
Post Patron

Hi @v-yetao1-msft , Thank you for replay. Since Monday, I see quite a big changes in Power BI Service eg., I do not see Custom Branding Logo (like you attached on the screenshoot), but instead Report/Power BI App Info section. Please see the attached screenshoots.

Sc1: missing in comparison to previous and your screenshoot:

karo_0-1679383090751.png

Sc2: my view when opening Power BI Reports:

karo_1-1679383116860.png

Sc3: my view when opening Power BI Apps:

karo_2-1679383237263.png

Custom Branding visible on Power BI Reports/Power BI Apps/Power BI dashboards except of cool navigation features have also really important function connected with user awareness in which Power BI Tenant they are working in. 

Regards,

Karo

karo
Post Patron

@MarcoPBI22 @josebressan  for me it is not working in both (Edge and Chrome) 😞 

MarcoPBI22
Regular Visitor

@karoI do not have the same issue on Chrome; however, I noticed some differences on Edge with and without the custom branding logo. Some users can see the logo when using Edge, while others cannot.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @karo 

What is the version of your service? Have you tried clearing your browser cache and then logging out of your account and logging in again?

Best Regards,

karo
Post Patron

Hi @v-yetao1-msft Service version13.0.20295.61. Yes, I have tried both: log out and log in as well as clearing my browser cashes.

amy_lephew
Regular Visitor

Same issue as OP

screenshots to show navigation loss in Edge

amy_lephew_0-1679670978527.png

amy_lephew_1-1679671030001.png

No menu on the top left to take you back to app.powerbi.com
Custom branding logo disappears

No space is actually saved by removing this, but crucial functionality is lost.

karo
Post Patron

@v-yetao1-msft  The issue is back 😞

- Again there is no custom branding (logo)  when opening Power BI Apps, Power BI Reports or Power BI Dashboards.

- Again no menu on the top left to take you back to app.powerbi.com.

The issue in both Edge and Chrome.