Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Creating reports in PowerBI Service

Hi Support,

I have a problem with creating new reports in PowerBI Service. When I wand to built a new dashboard and select New ➡️ Report ➡️Pick a published dataset in My workspace I can't save my new report. It just blocking the page and I have no possibility to do something with my report. When I try to create it from the page of dataset it works just great but otherwise I have issues. I'm not added to the workspace where the dataset is published maybe it's the key why in one case I can save my report but not in the other. However I spent a lot of time doing my report and it's a pity to lose all the progress. Hope you'll fix it soon. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards, Svitlana

Hi @zhylina_s 

As you said, I went to the My workspace page and created the report using the My workspace dataset , then saved it for him. I was able to complete this operation successfully. Is my operation in line with yours ?

Recording 2023-03-16 at 15.19.15.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @zhylina_s 

As you said, I went to the My workspace page and created the report using the My workspace dataset , then saved it for him. I was able to complete this operation successfully. Is my operation in line with yours ?

Recording 2023-03-16 at 15.19.15.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

zhylina_s

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

I'm trying to build a report in My Workspace but the dataset is in other workspace "Workspace X". And I'm not a member of this workspace, but have access and permission to build repors for a dataset in "Workspace X".

Kind regards, Svitlana