Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

County Issue: Wrong county displayed in map for Leipzig

Hi there, 

while building a report for a German customer I used the County of his country in a filled map.

All Counties are working as expected except for what is regarding the County Leipzig that actually has 2 Counties and not just one.

Landkreis Leipzig (kreiskennziffer 14729) - please find more information here Leipzig (district) - Wikipedia

Leipzig (kreiskennziffer 14713)

More info could be found here:

As displayed in the below picture the yellow part correspond to the county Leipzig and the blue corresponds to Landkreis Leipzig

DavidPorTodos_2-1681818145850.png

Could you please update the map?

thank you

Hi @DavidPorTodos ,

Do you have another map that show the two counties correctly? From the documents you provided seems there isn't the exact location about the two counties.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @DavidPorTodos ,

Do you have another map that show the two counties correctly? From the documents you provided seems there isn't the exact location about the two counties.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

DavidPorTodos
Helper I

Do you just need some maps? Here one or follow the links below

DavidPorTodos_0-1681891201877.png

Leipzig (Landkreis) - Öffnungszeiten, Branchenbuch - Ortsdienst.de

Geoportal Landkreis Leipzig (powered by cardo.map3) (geoportal-lkl.de)

Datei:Karte LK Leipzig.PNG – Wikipedia

Here more details:

{"arcs":[[-959,-962]],"type":"Polygon","properties":{"lan_code":"14","lan_name":"Sachsen","geo_point_2d":[51.342214623634824,12.37478943390828],"krs_code":"14713","year":"2021","krs_type":"Kreisfreie Stadt","krs_area_code":"DEU","krs_name":"Kreisfreie Stadt Leipzig","krs_name_short":"Leipzig"}}

{"arcs":[[-219,956,-690,-644,957,958,959]],"type":"Polygon","properties":{"lan_code":"14","lan_name":"Sachsen","geo_point_2d":[51.22145481506165,12.59951978723415],"krs_code":"14729","year":"2021","krs_type":"Landkreis","krs_area_code":"DEU","krs_name":"Landkreis Leipzig","krs_name_short":"Leipzig"}}

DavidPorTodos
Helper I

Hi, have you got any news about this subject?

thank you

MM22
Regular Visitor

Hello all,

I have the same issue.

Whatever string for the city of Leipzig and the surrounding rural district around Leipzig I use, it always shows them as a combination of the two in the area map, as if there was only one county for both of them combined. This is, as David already stated, incorrect.

To be clear, the following strings for the different counties I used always result in the same area in an area map visual, and the resulting area is always just the two different counties together:

'kreisfreie Stadt Leipzig',

'Leipzig',

'Stadt Leipzig',

'Landkreis Leipzig'

Again, as you can see e.g. in the table presented on https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Landkreise_und_kreisfreien_St%C3%A4dte_in_Sachsen, the city of Leipzig and the surrounding area are two different counties.

If you need further information on this, please let me know.

MM22
Regular Visitor

@v-yanjiang-msft 

If it helps in resolving this issue, here is a map of the counties of Saxony for your overview where you can see the 2 different counties of 'Leipzig' and the 'Landkreis Leipzig':

Sachsen_Karte_Region.png

And a mapping of the individual postal codes and their corresponding counties can be downloaded here (CSV, 402 rows for Saxony):

https://public.opendatasoft.com/explore/dataset/georef-germany-postleitzahl/export/?refine.lan_name=...