Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Counties Leipzig city and Leipzig surrounding rural area are depicted incorrectly in area map visual

Hello all,

In an area map visual, whatever string for the city of Leipzig and the surrounding rural district around Leipzig I use (2 different counties!), it always shows them as a combination of the two, as if there was only one county for both of them combined. This is incorrect.

As you can see e.g. in the table presented on https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Landkreise_und_kreisfreien_St%C3%A4dte_in_Sachsen, the city of Leipzig and the surrounding area are two different counties.

All Saxony counties, correctly depicting the 2 counties 'Leipzig' and 'Landkreis Leipzig':

Sachsen_Karte_Region.png

To be clear, the following strings for the different counties always resulted in the same area in an area map visual, and the resulting area is always just the two counties together:

'kreisfreie Stadt Leipzig',

'Leipzig',

'Stadt Leipzig',

'Landkreis Leipzig'

If I should use different strings to obtain each of the two different counties, please let me know.

If you need further information on this, please let me know.

For a mapping of the individual postal codes of Saxony and their corresponding county, feel free to head to https://public.opendatasoft.com/explore/dataset/georef-germany-postleitzahl/export/?refine.lan_name=... to download the csv (402 rows).

Hi @MM22 ,

My concern is how can I guarantee the authenticity of the information you provide, after all, they are also third-party websites but not official websites.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @MM22 ,

My concern is how can I guarantee the authenticity of the information you provide, after all, they are also third-party websites but not official websites.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

MM22
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-yanjiang-msft and thank you very much for your answer.

In that case, check the following URL:

https://www.lds.sachsen.de/?ID=4141&art_param=372

It is the official website of the 'Landesdirektion Sachsen' and the link shows the very map I shared in my original post.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

MM22

DavidPorTodos
Helper I

Hi, the issue is actually not only for the city of Leipzig, there are several other cities or part of Germany that are not correctly recognized by Power BI. A full list of German districts could be found here List of districts of Germany - Wikipedia.

Please notice that cities like Aachen, Ansbach ...Leipzig and more have both a rural and a urban form, what in Germany is known as "Landkreis" and "Kreisfreie Stadt". You actually apply this rule already for some other district like of Amberg, see picture below

DavidPorTodos_0-1683709741665.png  DavidPorTodos_1-1683709760275.png

Best Regards