Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Connection BigQuery to Power BI

Im trying to get data from Google BigQuery but recently loading data from this datasource is not working.

Hi @Juan_Torres 

Is your issue happening when you connectto Google BigQuery but not you load data from it with Power BI Desktop?

May I know whether you are using the lastest version of Power BI Desktop? Could you please tell me the version of your Desktop? Did you get this issue in previous version of Desktop? 

If you connect to Google BigQuery from Power BI service, will you get same issue?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Juan_Torres 

Is your issue happening when you connectto Google BigQuery but not you load data from it with Power BI Desktop?

May I know whether you are using the lastest version of Power BI Desktop? Could you please tell me the version of your Desktop? Did you get this issue in previous version of Desktop? 

If you connect to Google BigQuery from Power BI service, will you get same issue?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

azaher68
Helper II

We are also seeing this issue since yesterday. I spent couple of hours searching for a fix yesterday and did one of old posts recommendations to test ODBC connection to BigQuery from excel which was successful. I noticed that there was a BigQuery connection update in November 2021 Power BI release which may be the cause.

The workaround so far was to fill Project ID and SQL select all coulums from your table which makes your query "Native Query" but should I go through all my dashboards and change to native although there was a warning that it's unsecure.

azaher68_0-1638526205683.png