Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Combo Chart going blank in service

Found a bug on combo charts in service. Started happening recently.

I have a combo chart where the line measure is supposed to go blank if filters are not used.

The bar chart does not have that restriction, yet in the service it goes blank as well. Below is from the service:

acbg_1-1634757263977.png

In desktop,  it is fine and can see the bars as you can see below:

acbg_2-1634757306961.png

Able to replicate this bug and only happens when the measure is a IF statement where the false is Blank().

Narrowed it down to the Show Marker option.

As soon as I turn it off, the bars show up in the service just like in the desktop:

acbg_0-1634757183629.png

Uploaded sample file here:

https://github.com/acbg3/MarkerIssue/blob/main/SampleFile.pbix

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @acbg ,

Would you like to post a download link of the sample pbix file with this issue so we can do test based on it to see whether it is a bug that need fixed?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun Zheng

acbg
Resolver III

Hi @v-cazheng-msft ,

Uploaded the file here:

https://github.com/acbg3/MarkerIssue/blob/main/SampleFile.pbix

The first chart is with the marker option enabled and it goes blank in the service:

acbg_0-1634824559532.png

blopez11
Resident Rockstar

Wow, the exact same is happening to me

I have a line and stacked column chart where the measure I use for my line is below:

Total Budget (Non-Zero) = IF ( [Total Budget] > 0, [Total Budget] )

The measures I use for my column values are pretty straight forward

I have a slicer visual using a table column that is related to my fact table where my measures are pulling their values

When all values are selected on the slicer, everything shows fine, but if I select individual values on slicer, nothing changes in the line and stacked column chart

When I toggle the show marker to off, and republish, everything works as expected, just the marker doesn't show in my visual

This has got to be one of the strangest things I have seen

Thank you to @acbg for also seeing this, I thought I was going crazy, and amazing how you found what seems to be causing this

acbg
Resolver III

@blopez11 haha...I thought I was going crazy initially as well. Took me a while to figure out the issue.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @acbg 

I've tested at my side. I will not got the same issue with the sample file from you. Here is the screenshoot of the report page after publised to service. I just opened it with lasted Desktop(October 2021) and didn't do any change to this report. As you can see, both of these two visuals are displayed properbly on servcie.  

vcazhengmsft_0-1634882593340.png

@acbg @blopez11 May I know whether you are using the lasted version of Power BI Desktop? 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun Zheng

acbg
Resolver III

Hi @v-cazheng-msft ,

I am using Sepetember version, maybe thats whats causing the issue as my reports were updated at the end of last month but the issue in the service was recent. Will see if I can upgrade to October next week and advise if the issue persists.

acbg_0-1634910687816.png

acbg
Resolver III

Hi @v-cazheng-msft ,

Upgraded it to October but the issue still persists.

Still not able to see the first chart in the service:

acbg_1-1634914578087.png

acbg_0-1634914517995.png

blopez11
Resident Rockstar

I have checked on some other reports that were published with the August release of the desktop, that also use combo line and bar chart visuals with a measure, that uses an IF condition that may return blank, for the line value, and they are exhibiting the same issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having exact the same issue, worked perfectly before
Working with October 2021 version of desktop. 
Power BI embedded capacity in North Europe. Issue is in both gen1 as in gen2 capacity

@v-cazheng-msft In which region are you testing? And also in embedded capacity? or in shared capacity?

blopez11
Resident Rockstar

I downloaded the file provided by @acbg and published as is, and I see the issue

I am on Gen1 premium capacity in the West US region

I used September 2021 desktop release as I am hesitant to move to October 2021 for other reasons

blopez11_0-1634931850016.png