Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clustered Column chart visual not updating on workspace

Clustered Column chart visual not updating on workspace - when changing a slicer, the visual does not change. However if you click "Show as table" - in the focus view, the visual is still unchanged (ie. still wrong), but the table has the correct values - ie. the values do not match the visual values

This is the same on Chrome, Edge and Explorer

#1.

No.1No.1No. 1aNo. 1aNo. 2No. 2No. 2aNo. 2a

Comments
mikelum_au
Regular Visitor

Further information: This affects the "Line and Column chart" visual  (both clustered and stacked)

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@mikelum_au 

I tried the latest version to publish a report and all seem to be working fine. Clear browser cache and try again.

mikelum_au
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Thanks, for your response - I've tried re-publishing the report, and I've also refressed the report and reset to default - all to no effect.

The underlying datatable is changing and is correct, but the visualisation is incorrect...

KBedor
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue as @mikelum_au.  Also tried multiple browsers, refreshed, republished, reset to default, cleared browser cache, etc.  Any other suggestions?

mikelum_au
Regular Visitor

HI @KBedor 

- no further response from M$ as yet

- I've had to temporarily change the visualisations to Line Charts

- on further investigation, it seems to be caused when the whole underlying datatable/dataset is "changed", if it's a simple filtering of existing "rows" then the visual works as expected, but when all the rows are changed/replaced then the visual isn't updated

KBedor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @mikelum_au

Thanks for the update and the tip.  I changed the my visualizations to line charts as you suggested.  They work, but my user's aren't going to be happy about the change.  Hopefully we'll see a fix for this soon!