Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ChicletSlicer Visual not updated

Hi there

I've got a Dashbord where I use Microsoft ChicletSlicer 1.6.3. I've tried to update it to the latest version. Once loaded the new one (Version 2.0.0) it seems OK, however when I save the file the reopen it, while pressing the About Button on the visual I still have previous version displayed.

So it seems the visual has not been updated, while instead if I try to update it again I've got the message "the report already contains  a copy of this visual 2.0.0 ..."

Just to double check if this is not a real problem, so the visual is updated even if the version displayed in the About is the old one

Thanks in advance

Krgds

F

Hi @Frankie_Vannini ,

Are you referring to the prompt that appeared when adding this visual?

vcaitlynmstf_0-1668759107733.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Frankie_Vannini ,

Are you referring to the prompt that appeared when adding this visual?

vcaitlynmstf_0-1668759107733.png

Best Regards,

Frankie_Vannini
Advocate I

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

May be I  was not so clear

Please look the below images

When press the about button on the ChicletSlicer Visual I've got the image on the left so it seems I've version 1.6.3 installed while if I try to load the new version, I've got the second image, in essence it seems I'm already using the 2.0.0 version.

Furthermore I've got several slicers based on the ChicletSlicer on my dashboard, however just for some of those I've got the the message you already sent me and that is a little bit strange as I assume the minut I update the visual all the items based on that updated visual are using the latest version

Cheers

F

Frankie_Vannini_0-1668760342427.png

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @Frankie_Vannini ,

It seems like we should contact the custom visual team, we will communicate this internally and I will give you feedback once we have progress.

Best Regards,

dwoolford
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-xiaoyan-msft I would be also keen to hear how your internal conversations go... I have been waiting for an update to Chiclet Slicer for a few years now 🙂 and am hoping for some great advances with 2.0.0.0

FJOC_
Regular Visitor

Hello!

Any update on this? Same on my side. Stuck on 1.6.3, and for several weeks it say's tal will take "10 days" to update to v2.0.0. 

Thk you

FJOC_
Regular Visitor

Still no news on this? A certified visual, that is on update (showing the message of it on the report) for several months???

Thank you

FJOC_
Regular Visitor

Hello!

It's annoying to final costumers to see a icone on the visual, saying there's a upgrade, that is on the same state for months... no news on this? It's a simple issue guys!

Thk you

Sean12321
Regular Visitor

I have been getting the same message for months as well.  Did anyone hear back or figure out a solution?

kstiegler
Advocate I

Also looking for an update to this visual - stuck on 1.6.3 despite even attempting to install it manually, and I'm hoping 2.x improves a number of issues with the current version.

FJOC_
Regular Visitor

Sometimes i think to myself: why do we have a forum to put questions, if we don't get any answers from here!?