Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot switch off data labels on line chart when using a downloaded theme

Hello,

since the April 2023 update I cannot switch off the data labels on line charts in my reports which use a theme downloaded from the Themes Gallery.

For existing visuals with the data labels switched off, if I switch them on I cannot switch them off again (not without hitting Undo), and for any new line chart I create the data labels are on and no matter how many times I click on the toggle, nothing happens, it remains firmly on On.

It works fine on the reports where I use one of the themes supplied in the Desktop app, but for consistency most of my reports use the same downloaded theme, so that's quickly going to be a serious issue!

I installed the May update, but that hasn't made a difference.

Any idea how to fix it that doesn't involve changing all my reports to using a standard theme?

Thank you

Hi @amyWMFS 

I am so glad to hear that your have fixed your issue . Thanks for your feedback !

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
amyWMFS
Helper I

Update: it's the new on-object interaction feature that causes it.

Awful feature by the way, so impractical.

I turned it off, and now I can turn the labels off again. Phew!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @amyWMFS 

I am so glad to hear that your have fixed your issue . Thanks for your feedback !

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

amyWMFS
Helper I

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

not so much fixing the issue as finding a way around it. What happens when on-object interaction feature can't be switched off anymore?