Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't promote dataflows

I posted about this in another forum, but since this seems like a bug, I believe this forum is the correct one.

I am no longer able to promote dataflows in the dataflow settings.

schloppyestates_0-1670578298895.png

If I go into settings, the options are blank. You can set the promoted option and click apply, but if you refresh the page with ctrl-f5, the setting is blank again and the data flow is not promoted.

schloppyestates_1-1670578298892.png

Looks like it is similar to this issue posted a few months back, but it isn't fixed, it is still a problem.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflow-endorsement-promotion-not-working/m-p/2729051

Hi @schloppyestates 

It works now , please check it in your Service .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @schloppyestates 

I tested it in dataflow settings , I can save the endorsement in dataflow settings , but the marker is not shown in the workspace list . I do the same operation for dataset , iIt shows the corresponding marker . The service version is 13.0.19585.64 . 

Are you having the same problem as me? What is your version of Service?

Best Regards,

schloppyestates
Frequent Visitor

When I go into the dataflows settings screen, the promotion settings are blank, like this.

promotion settings blank.png

I can click promoted and apply, like this -

promotion setting apply.png

This causes the screen to blink briefly, but does nothing else. If I refresh the screen completely, with ctrl+f5, the settings are blank again like the first picture.

The service version is 13.0.19585.64.

pbi service version.png

blopez11
Resident Rockstar

I am seeing the same issue.  I can go in, set the endorsement and select save.  But the change didn't take as I see no change in the endorsement.

ElaineK
Regular Visitor

Also having the same issue, this has worked fine in the past for us

blopez11
Resident Rockstar

This now appears to be working for us.  I am able to change the endorsement, and the setting is applied.  Hope it is now working for everyone.

ElaineK
Regular Visitor

@blopez11 - thanks for the heads-up, its working for us now too 👍

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @schloppyestates 

It works now , please check it in your Service .

Best Regards,

schloppyestates
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft It works! Thanks!