Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Calculated columns on Shared Datasets not pushed anymore after Power BI Desktop March update

Good morning,

After Power BI Desktop March update, we are experiencing error message "Column [X] cannot be pushed to the remote data source and cannot be used in this scenario". When the report is opened on Februari 2023 Desktop, it works, in March 2023 desktop it gives an error.

The calculated column contains the DAX function "today()". A calculated column like 'New Calculated column = 1' works.
But with DAX Fcuntion Today() not.

Can this be researched?

Kind regards,

Lohic Beneyzet

Hi all,

We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
stefanherven
Regular Visitor

The DAX commands seems to be working again when reverting back to Feb release of Power BI Desktop

stanxl
Advocate I

@stefanherven How do you rollback? Just re-install Feb release? I have never done that simple thing 😅

stefanherven
Regular Visitor
DaveT77

This has broken a number of our dashboards.  Can it be resolved as a matter of urgency please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

seems to be resolved on the april version .

stefanherven
Regular Visitor

Yes, the April version fixed my report!

steveplatz2
Frequent Visitor

The April version also fixed the issue for me. 

lbeneyzet
Frequent Visitor

Good afternoon,

The April 2023 version also fixed the issue for me. 

Thanks a lot. 

THis issue can be closed from my part.

Kind regards,

Lohic Beneyzet

vishal140197
Frequent Visitor

I am facing the same issue while using LOOKUP, RELATED, MAXX to create a calculated column in Table A fetching value from Table B. search columns and values are Text Data Type and result colum is Boolean.

Relationship: Table A to Table B - One to Many

Version: 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024)

helen_brunyee95
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here with just a simple LOOKUPVALUE column.