Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Button expansion on left pane in PowerBI Web Service

I noticed a few weeks ago so of the buttons on the left hand side have changed or lost functionality such as when in a workspace, you usedt to be able to click on the name of the workspace on the left hand side and navigate to different reports from there. Those are gone. I have tried clearing cache and logging out and back in but that did not work.

Here is an image i copied of what the buttons used to look like:

img_5bad36f40fdd0.png

Notice how test workspace has the option for a drop down and would display reports. Now the blow is my naviagtion pane:

Wilsonjr_1-1678470549757.png

Obviously the copied image before this was a little older but still you should understand that the functionality is missing from the button.. This is important as there was a workaround to allow you when testing security of a dataset to switch between reports in a workspace to test as role where now with that function missing it is just defaulting to the first report.

Thanks,

James

Hi @Wilsonjr ,

Is the home URL the same with me?

vkalyjmsft_0-1678695982336.png

Also, please try to change a browser and try again.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Wilsonjr ,

Is the home URL the same with me?

vkalyjmsft_0-1678695982336.png

Also, please try to change a browser and try again.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

Wilsonjr
Frequent Visitor

@v-yanjiang-msft 

I just checked, URL does match what you have above and I tried in Chrome and Edge and both get the same results(buttons missing)

ASP
Regular Visitor

This issue also prevents testing the RLS of multiple reports that share the same dataset (i.e. thin reports).  

Previously, you could go to the dataset's options and go to Security --> "Test as Role" to view the report as a specific user.  You could then expand the workspace reports on the left pane to enter another report. If that report shared the same dataset, then you would also view that report as the specified user.  

This functionality was key to our ability to review row level security.  Please prioritize a fix for this!