Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Buttom action menu disappears in the new Visual Pane layout (Nov 2021 preview update)

I've been testing the new visual pane layout and options, however when using buttoms I cannot find the "Action" pane

On the old layout used to be the last option

talleslessa_0-1637082038699.png

On the new I cannot find it anywhere, So it renders the button useless since I cannot set an action to it.

talleslessa_1-1637082125774.png

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please note this consideration in this blog: Introducing the New Format Pane (Preview) 

Known issues with opt-in preview that will be addressed in December release:

• The action card for button, image, and shape, responsive toggle, and data limit settings are currently missing.

It was an known issue in this preview feature currently so if want to use the action of buttons, turn back to the old format in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Spen
Regular Visitor

Been driving me mad all afternoon !

Thanks for logging it !

graemeg
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for posting this.  I've been questioning my sanity as to where the action button has gone.  Let's get theat December release out there and get the action button back in.  I don't really want to regress to the old version even though the new version is a preview feature.

anilkumar-yadav
Frequent Visitor

Please enable action in formating panel .

graemeg
Frequent Visitor

It's back in again.  I was using it last week.

anilkumar-yadav
Frequent Visitor

Right now It is not available.

graemeg
Frequent Visitor

It's available for me.  Here's the version of the PowerBI Desktop that I'm using: Version: 2.100.785.0 64-bit (December 2021)

Anonymous
Not applicable

This error is quite annoying! It looks like if you have added a button before that late 2021 update, you can't edit the action. However, if you add a new button, then you will see the action option on the format pannel. Not great anyways...