Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug in Print this page

Hi,

As of Wed 09/12/22 our customers are experiencing an issue when using File --> Print this page, the page preview is just a blank page with a header and footer. 

Some customers print many pages per day and are irritated with having to workaround by exporting to pdf first.

I can see other users in the community having the same issue that have posted yesterday.

Do you have a resolution to this?

Thanks,

Kim

We got feedback from PG team:

“The original issue (blank page) has been fixed and the Print functionality always had problem as we don't control the layout of the page and many times browser behave weirdly. That is the reason we added it in public documentation, "There are browser settings you can use to adjust the printout, but even then you still may not get the result you want. Consider exporting to PDF first and printing the PDF instead.”

Comments
Conco1234
Frequent Visitor

Also an Issue in NL, please fix ASAP. Mission critical information is transferred via this medium. Workaround involves messing around with browser window size.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue is also having a detrimental effect on our business.  Is there a timescale for resolution?  Can the back out plan of the change be followed?

astevens
Advocate II

This just started happening to us today. We print reports weekly so first started sometime after 12/7/2022.

RSloyerKU

My organizaiton is also experiencing this issue, the only workarounds I've been able to give the employees on my campus thus far have been:

Use snagit/snipping tool to capture the area of the report you need to print.

Save as any available file type and print the file preview, or file itself.

vcnair

We just started having this issue from yesterday(12/12). 

Looks like its been happening from last 3 months, has anybody found a solution other than snaggit? Exporting it into a powerpoint does its trick but too much wasted time on a routine report.

This problem got me to make a profile on here so that I can upvote the issue. 

Livia_Hernandez
Frequent Visitor

We are having the same issues in our enterprise..... UGH

aaronhaviland
Frequent Visitor

FYI if anyone wants to follow this issue, without leaving a comment:

Find the "Idea Options" dropdown at the top of the page, and choose "Subscribe", and you will receive a notification to any responses.

Cam_Cod
Regular Visitor

This "Blank" page report print issue has been noticed in our organization today, 12/13 as well.

Similar to others, occurs with normal printer but also option print to PDF does give a blank page.

Chrome and Edge same issue.

@CaitlynV 

SraCAN
Regular Visitor

Also experiencing the same issue.

JD499

We are having the same issue... unable to print reports from File: Print this Page. Blank pages only.  Can go to different workspaces and click "print this page" until one finally loads then go back to original workspace and it will work.  However very discouraging.....