Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug: data filter doesn't show up in "Data View"

Hi team, 

This is a serious bug, as you can see from screenshot below, the data filter "ok" button is cut-off , no way to get it back. Previous versions of PBI Desktop worked just fine, but April 2023 release changed something.

It took away user's ability to filter data on a laptop with smaller screen. Could you fix this asap? 

Thanks,

Capture.JPG

Version: PBI Desktop April 2023

Hi @QC 

I tested it by entering almost 100 lines of data. The pop-up window shows the entire contents. My Desktop version is also from April. You can refer to the screenshot below. Maybe you can change Desktop's display issues by modifying the display resolution?

Recording 2023-04-17 at 15.48.49.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @QC 

I tested it by entering almost 100 lines of data. The pop-up window shows the entire contents. My Desktop version is also from April. You can refer to the screenshot below. Maybe you can change Desktop's display issues by modifying the display resolution?

Recording 2023-04-17 at 15.48.49.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

QC
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi Alisa, it is a bug, if you test it on a travel size laptop you will see. I am using MS's advantureworks sample data on a 12" laptop. Keep in mind people don't always have access to large screen when traveling. The data filter needs to be available regardlesss screen size and resolution. You can clearly see it is cut-off from my screenshot above. 

ttaylor_ga
Regular Visitor

I am also missing the filter option on my columns headers in data view.  On all the other versions the column filters are there.  On every data set and every report using the April 2023 Power BI version, I am missing the filters on the column headers in data view.  Is this going to be fixed? Thank you!