Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

[Bug] Matrix - Row header formatting not consistent on all levels since May-24 update

Prior to the May-24 update, I could set up the matrix in the following way. Notice that the row headers are not bold:

tompbi90_0-1716368025291.png

In order to achieve the same in the May-24 update, I have to do the following:

tompbi90_0-1716368542277.png

The issue is that when I change the formatting of the row headers, it applies correctly to all levels, but when I turn it off, the bold formatting is not removed from levels 1 and 2 but the italic and underline formatting are:

tompbi90_1-1716368600960.png

tompbi90_2-1716368631645.png

Hi @tompbi90 

I received a reply from the PG team:

This is a change they recently made intentionally . As designed, the parent level cells will always be bolded . You can refer to the post below for your purposes .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @tompbi90 

After testing, the May version of un-bolding settings inside Row Headers really doesn't apply to the row hierarchy.
I have submitted the issue to PG and am currently waiting for them to schedule someone to take care of it. I'll come back with an update if there is any progress. Thanks for your cooperation!

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @tompbi90 

I received a reply from the PG team:

This is a change they recently made intentionally . As designed, the parent level cells will always be bolded . You can refer to the post below for your purposes .

Best Regards,
tompbi90
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft, thanks for the reply.

Still seems very unintuitive to me that every other setting in the Row Headers section applies to all the row headers apart from bold formatting.

For anyone who finds this thread with the same issue as me, you can still unbold the highest level headers via the following steps:

Toggle Row subtotals: On

Toggle Per row level: On

Set Row Level: All

Uncheck Bold under values

Toggle Apply to labels: On

Once you've done this you can then disable Row subtotals if necessary and the formatting will still apply.

tompbi90_1-1716882466712.png