Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bug: Excel Power BI Datasets is showing Blank pane to Users

Starting around 4/21, users across multiple tenants started see a blank white pane when trying to choose a Power BI Dataset in Excel.

Blank Datasets.png

Hi @cassidy ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @cassidy ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

ChristianDGreat
Resolver I

Hello,

We have multiple users with premium and pro license and we are having this issue.

please resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Chris

AA99
Regular Visitor

Same here, please keep us in the loop!

cassidy
Power Participant

@v-xiaoyan-msft  are there any updates on this issue?

I also found that someone else had submitted on 4/25, please update the Support Overview page to display this known issue as it is affecting mulitple users.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/BUG-Excel-Connect-to-PowerBI-dataset-pane-doesn-t-load/idi-p...

Murari

I am also facing this issue. Any updates on this? Has this been resolved? 

abelv

We are having the same issue. It is working for some users and for some it is not.

So far, all users where it's not working are on Excel version 2303 and 2304. However, I am also on 2303 and it's working for me.

DamoUK
Regular Visitor

Same issue raised to me by several employees now. Adding a comment so I get an update when resolved.

cassidy
Power Participant

@v-xiaoyan-msft  it would help if the Support page was updated when an issue impacting mutiple users is communicated.  I've found 5 community posts and 2 Issues raised on this issue.

cassidy_0-1683046821111.png

ChristianDGreat
Resolver I

@v-xiaoyan-msft  any update into this? 

TriconKevin
Regular Visitor

We are having the same issues.  None of our datasets are showing in the PowerBI Dataset pane from excel.