Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug: Excel Power BI Datasets is showing Blank pane to Users

Starting around 4/21, users across multiple tenants started see a blank white pane when trying to choose a Power BI Dataset in Excel.

Blank Datasets.png

Hi @cassidy ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
rscarazzati

@v-xiaoyan-msft Could you please confirm with the Office product team that this issue will not be shipped to users in the Monthly Enterprise Channel.

JoshPBI
Regular Visitor

I am the Power BI Manager for my organization and I have this issue which makes providing internal support very difficult. Hope to see this resolved soon. 

fschilling
Regular Visitor

Same here

mark_FC
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue with no access to Power BI datasets via Excel

rileyh

Having the same issue!

cassidy
Power Participant

@mark_FC  @rileyh   please also vote so we can keep MSFT's attention.  Thank you

michaeljwalters

We are also experiencing the same issue. Seem to be an issue around group policy. I can log on a local user account of a machine and it works fine with Windows 11. 

AA99
Regular Visitor

Update - it's now working for me. I didn't do anything differently so I imagine MSFT fixed it and released a patch.

fschilling
Regular Visitor

Update: Same here: It is working again

TriconKevin
Regular Visitor

Same for me.  I'm able to access all my datasets in excel now.