Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Browser refresh needed (CTRL+F5) to show a custom visual (Dynamic KPI Card by Sereviso) in my APPS

From today I realized that my reports published in the APP do not display a Custom Visual (DINAMIC KPI by Sereviso) which is displayed with the browser refresh (CTRL + F5). Everything works perfectly if I view the report instead of the same with the APP.

Currently this issue about custom visual display seems to be fixed. Now it works fine in my side.Please check it again in Power BI Service.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
PiotrStawicki
Frequent Visitor

Same situation here, regarding Chiclet Slicer and Smart Filter (OKVIZ).
In my case the custom visuals are displayed correctly but only if I don't use new navigation builder when publishing the app. Otherwise they're not showing correctly or demand refreshing every time.

beppe_62
Advocate II

that's exactly what I detect too @PiotrStawicki 

jmlove0923
Frequent Visitor

We have the same situation with our custom visuals and if we refresh the browser they come back.  BUT we also experienced a report that never had any issues until yesterday starting not loading at all with normal visuals.  Turns out the filters made it impossible to load so we removed them (they were just hiding blank rows) and it started working again.   We're on premium capacity but when we put the report on a non premium workspace it worked fine.   This leads me to think that certain things are on a broken load balancer somewhere.   Tied to both premium capacity workspace AND whatever the apps live on...

Hope this can help Microsoft troubleshoot.  

rflamenco
Advocate I

I have received several similar reports affecting the Chicklet Slicer and Smart Filter by OKVIZ. The report is accessed through Apps, and may work on initial load, but switching between tabs of the report causes these visuals to not load.  Reloading seems to temporarily fix the issue (until navigating away and back).

Of note: If I right click and then left click (and hold) in the vicinity of the visual, an outline of the visual appears.

Screenshot 2021-11-23 160258.png

MattKarriker2
Helper II

This is also an issue with the Hierarchy Slicer.  We started noticing it last Friday.  I need this resolved ASAP or else my team has to redesinging reports removing these Microsoft Certifed visuals.  

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi all,

Please see the update on the support page:

Power BI customers accessing reports with approved custom visuals while using Power BI Apps, the Mobile app (Android and IOS) or a UWP app may encounter issues rendering the custom visuals in the reports.

As a workaround, users can refresh the report page. Engineers have identified the root cause and a fix is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 11/24/2021

Best Regards,

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Currently this issue about custom visual display seems to be fixed. Now it works fine in my side.Please check it again in Power BI Service.

Best Regards,

prateekn
Regular Visitor

@v-yingjl It seems it is fixed now. Custom visuals are visible now. Thanks