Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bookmarks Effecting Filter Pane Visiblity

Recently I noticed in Power BI Desktop that Bookmarks impact the Filter Pane's Visibility. If the filter pane is visible when I create a bookmark, the bookmark will cause the filter pane to be visible when the Bookmark is selected. The same is true if I have the Filter pane hidden and create a bookmark, the Filter pane will be hidden when the bookmark is selected.  Bookmarks are also impacting what Filters are visible in the Filter pane. I do not see a way to change this in the Bookmark settings. Is this a bug or something done by design?

Hi @dwelsh ,

From the official document can see, when you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

• The current page
  • Filters
  • Slicers, including slicer type (for example, dropdown or list) and slicer state
  • Visual selection state (such as cross-highlight filters)
  • Sort order
  • Drill location
  • Visibility of an object (by using the Selection pane)
  • The focus or spotlight mode of any visible object 

It's not clearly described if the filter pane visiblity is included in the bookmark, but we can't assume it's a bug unless we can confirm it isn't included before but now included.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
leinoaa

And also if you unselect the Filters from the View-tab, then the Filter-pane won't be visible when you publish it, regardless of the actual Filter-pane visibility setting.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @dwelsh ,

From the official document can see, when you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

• The current page
  • Filters
  • Slicers, including slicer type (for example, dropdown or list) and slicer state
  • Visual selection state (such as cross-highlight filters)
  • Sort order
  • Drill location
  • Visibility of an object (by using the Selection pane)
  • The focus or spotlight mode of any visible object 

It's not clearly described if the filter pane visiblity is included in the bookmark, but we can't assume it's a bug unless we can confirm it isn't included before but now included.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang