Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bookmarks Effecting Filter Pane Visiblity

Recently I noticed in Power BI Desktop that Bookmarks impact the Filter Pane's Visibility. If the filter pane is visible when I create a bookmark, the bookmark will cause the filter pane to be visible when the Bookmark is selected. The same is true if I have the Filter pane hidden and create a bookmark, the Filter pane will be hidden when the bookmark is selected.  Bookmarks are also impacting what Filters are visible in the Filter pane. I do not see a way to change this in the Bookmark settings. Is this a bug or something done by design?

Hi @dwelsh ,

From the official document can see, when you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

• The current page
  • Filters
  • Slicers, including slicer type (for example, dropdown or list) and slicer state
  • Visual selection state (such as cross-highlight filters)
  • Sort order
  • Drill location
  • Visibility of an object (by using the Selection pane)
  • The focus or spotlight mode of any visible object 

It's not clearly described if the filter pane visiblity is included in the bookmark, but we can't assume it's a bug unless we can confirm it isn't included before but now included.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
leinoaa

And also if you unselect the Filters from the View-tab, then the Filter-pane won't be visible when you publish it, regardless of the actual Filter-pane visibility setting.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @dwelsh ,

From the official document can see, when you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

• The current page
  • Filters
  • Slicers, including slicer type (for example, dropdown or list) and slicer state
  • Visual selection state (such as cross-highlight filters)
  • Sort order
  • Drill location
  • Visibility of an object (by using the Selection pane)
  • The focus or spotlight mode of any visible object 

It's not clearly described if the filter pane visiblity is included in the bookmark, but we can't assume it's a bug unless we can confirm it isn't included before but now included.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang