Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bookmark navigator not resetting when 'reset' bookmark used

If you create a "reset" bookmark in your dashboard, you'd expect the Bookmark navigator to go back to whichever was selected when the "reset" bookmark was set. Unfortunately, the selected bookmark in the bookmark navigator is not changed even though the visuals can be changed. In those cases, the wrong visuals are visible relative to the bookmark navigator.  

Hi @npnigro ,

Sorry per our forum poliy, I changed this status after we got a response from the PG team.
If you would like to reopen this Post and continue the discussion with others, I have re-modified its status to investigating.
In the past it was mentioned in the icm about the bookmark navigator, but we only got replies like the one above.I will continue to follow this issue for you, and if there are any updates, I will also reply here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @npnigro ,

According to the reply from the product group, if you would like to achieve the desired behavior, you should set the “None” bookmark as the “deselection bookmark”. This option is under the “Bookmark” card in the Format Pane. This is a consequence of the behavior change announced in the April 2022 Desktop blog post, see "Bookmark navigator now shows last selected bookmark per group", although the functionality surrounding deselection bookmarks has not changed.  

Best Regards,

npnigro
Advocate III

Thank you for the quick reply! I may be misunderstanding you but that's still not the behavior I think we should have here. If I click the "reset" bookmark (which is a bookmark that saves the data and visual state of all visuals in the report), I don't want the bookmark navigator to be deselected, I want the bookmark navigator to select the bookmark that was selected when the report was first loaded (i.e., the default state of the report). 

PrabhavatiMali
Frequent Visitor

I am facing same issue of bookmark navigator with reset bookmark as @npnigro mentioned. for now I went with buttons due to urgent Prod delievry.

npnigro
Advocate III

Just following up here. The issue I flagged hasn't been "Delivered". Can this issue be re-opened or can a workaround be shared? 

Thank you for the quick reply! I may be misunderstanding you but that's still not the behavior I think we should have here. If I click the "reset" bookmark (which is a bookmark that saves the data and visual state of all visuals in the report), I don't want the bookmark navigator to be deselected, I want the bookmark navigator to select the bookmark that was selected when the report was first loaded (i.e., the default state of the report). 

npnigro
Advocate III

Hello @v-xiaoyan-msft can you please respond to my message? This issue has not been delivered, is still present and easily recreated with our dashboards. 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @npnigro ,

Sorry per our forum poliy, I changed this status after we got a response from the PG team.
If you would like to reopen this Post and continue the discussion with others, I have re-modified its status to investigating.
In the past it was mentioned in the icm about the bookmark navigator, but we only got replies like the one above.I will continue to follow this issue for you, and if there are any updates, I will also reply here.

Best Regards,

npnigro
Advocate III

Thank you changing the status! I hope someone is able to resolve this issue. It's negatively affecting all our uses of the bookmark navigator, an otherwise great feature. 

npnigro
Advocate III

Any update on this? I reported the issue 6 weeks ago and Microsoft reopened the issue more than 10 days ago. We have a customer who has flagged this behavior as an issue and we can't resolve it.  

PoornimaRavi
Regular Visitor

I am facing the same issue, is there any fix found for the same ?

jaap_olsthoorn
Advocate II

I'm still having  the same issue too.