Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Bookmark navigator exports with default selection

When exporting a report from the service to PowerPoint or PDF the bookmark navigator highlights the default value even though the actual bookmark stays the one selected in the service.

In the service I change from Place of Service to Benefit Category bookmark.

jdbuchanan71_0-1698844346667.png

jdbuchanan71_1-1698844346629.png

Then I export to PowerPoint or PDF and the Bookmark navigator highlights the Place of Service button even though the report stays on the Benefit Category bookmark.

Bookmark_Navigator_Bug.png

Hi  @jdbuchanan71 

PG has the issue on the agenda and is working on it, but no ETA has been given.I will come back with updates if there is any progress .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
mcinnisbr
Advocate I

Chiming in.  Overall, bookmark nav is great, but I also feel it has issues within report functionality as well as, as stated here, export issues.  Hope team can work on it more as it is a great visual tool option. 

pjshoemark
Regular Visitor

Also affected by this issue and keen for it to be resolved ASAP.

It is not just a trivial or cosmetic issue, it causes confusion when people use the export functionality, as it then appears as though the data shown in the exported view pertain to different settings than those that were actually applied.

mcinnisbr
Advocate I

100%.  I've just posted an issue i'm having with the Bmark nav.  Love it, but it causes confusion. 
💥Design Issue? Bookmark Navigator button State - Microsoft Fabric Community

pjshoemark
Regular Visitor

It doesn't "remember" the last-clicked bookmark though, that is precisely the issue

jdbuchanan71
Super User

@v-yetao1-msft 

The bookmark navigator does not remember the last clicked bookmark when exported, that is the problem.  The bookmark navigator use to behave correctly then it was broken.

I reported it as a bug here in 2022 and it was acknowledged as a bug and eventually fixed.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/Bookmark-navigator-exports-with-default-selection/i...

Then the problem came back so I reported it as a bug again.  Please remove the "Delivered" flag from this post.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @jdbuchanan71 

What is your Power BI Desktop and Service version ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

jdbuchanan71
Super User

@v-yetao1-msft 

Power BI Desktop: Version: 2.122.1066.0 64-bit (October 2023)

I'm not sure where to find the service version unless you mean that the report are published and viewed using PowerBI pro licenses.

mcinnisbr
Advocate I

I'm using the following version:  2.122.746.0 64-bit (October, 2023)

This bookmark nav functionality/design is an issue for me asell.  I also love the  bookmark nav!  Huge potential.

jdbuchanan71
Super User

@v-yetao1-msft 

Here is a test file that you can try with.  Change to the Column 2 bookmark and export to PDF.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qoo5wwlfaq7orbd5sqhsf/Bookmark_Test.pbix?rlkey=hy9bq6pwxpnrozgg6vsjnn...

mcinnisbr
Advocate I

will this retain the bookmark navigation state when using other bookmark groups?