Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Background image not filling the report view in Power BI Service

Background images in Power BI Desktop work fine. Either after publishing the report to Power BI Service or creating a new report there, the background picture centers in the canvas and there is no way of fixing it. Even removing the image and trying to apply a color background behaves in the same way. The only way I´ve found as a workaround is placing visuals in each corner of the report priort to publishing but this is crearly undesirable in the long run.

PowerBI DesktopPowerBI DesktopPowerBI ServicePowerBI Service

You can see all the white space left where you can place visuals.

Regards,

Juan Pablo 

Comments
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member

Hi @Fuser,

As my observation you are using Normal for image fit, could you please try with Image Fit: Fill?

Fuser
Frequent Visitor

@tringuyenminh92, thanks for your input. The screenshot was taken with Normal fit selected but it happens with either of the three options. You may try it with any pbix you have.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Fuser

I’ve already reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 30985746

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Related thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Background-image-not-resizing/idi-p/121399

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Fuser
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Vicky and herbert

Sabarikumar7579
Helper I

I to face similar issue after updating Jan17 release. Fill and Fit not working on the Power Bi Desktop. This is impacting previous page which were fine and new page too.