Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Unable to Delete Broken Tile From Dashboard

I have broken dashboard tile that I'm unable to delete or modify.  The elipses that should be in the top right corner is not available; I can only move and resize. 

HM95_0-1681134748811.png

Hi @HM95 

It's a known issue . PG found a repro and mitigation for this as they continued to investigate:

Mitigation:

Having the customer flight off useNewDashboard should allow them to see the button to delete the tile again. 

This can be done by adding the query parameter useNewDashboard=0 to the url they are using example:  https://app.powerbi.com/groups/badc0708-a87c-487d-907c-d055495c8e45/dashboards/06ec2773-f60e-4249-8b... 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @HM95 

I can delete the tile in my dashboard. Which visual do you need to delete and can you delete other tiles besides this one?

Best Regards,

HM95
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft

I can delete other tiles, just not the one pictured in the screenshot which is a guage visual.  The data also wont load for it, which is fine because i just repinned a new one, but I'm not able to remove the broken one. 

LoicJoachim

I have the exact same issue, has been like this for months. This is the only tile that does not have the option to unpin. 

Screenshot 2023-04-14 081247.png

DustinT

Same issue as others above. Elipses menu goes away when tiles break/disconnect. Need a way to delete.

DustinT_0-1681418296182.png

breinehr

Same thing happens to me: tiles that don't show any data and can't deleted. 

The "..." on the top right corner are not availble only for these two. 

breinehr_0-1681748158866.png

Other tiles in the same dashboard (including tiles from the same report) work perfectly.

057Sophie
Helper I

Hi, 

Same here: 

057Sophie_0-1681802779232.png

ShaneTVH
Regular Visitor

Hey all, same issue for me.  Underlying reports have been deleted, yet broken tiles are left behind.

Deleting the dashboards and recreating them is not a very desirable option for me.

ShaneTVH_0-1681807534859.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @HM95 

It's a known issue . PG found a repro and mitigation for this as they continued to investigate:

Mitigation:

Having the customer flight off useNewDashboard should allow them to see the button to delete the tile again. 

This can be done by adding the query parameter useNewDashboard=0 to the url they are using example:  https://app.powerbi.com/groups/badc0708-a87c-487d-907c-d055495c8e45/dashboards/06ec2773-f60e-4249-8b... 

Best Regards,

057Sophie
Helper I

Mitigation worked fine for me

LoicJoachim

Same, adding ?useNewDashboard=0 to the end of the dashboard URL allowed me to delete it. 

Thanks