Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG : Power BI April 2023 version : Can't see the name of the file at the top of the desktop.

Look like Issue with Power BI April 2023 version : No longer able to see the name of the file at the top of the desktop app as shown below. When I hover, it just displays "undefined".

Undefined - Power BI.png

Hi @sgrewal @ricardcom ,

Glad the problem was disappear, then I will close the thread.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @sgrewal ,

It works fine in my side. 

vyanjiangmsft_1-1681697674731.png

I suggest you reinstall the Desktop from the below link instead of Microsoft store.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards,

ricardcom
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. 

Version: 2.116.622.0 64-bit (April 2023)

I suspect this might be related to a second issue, where organization login windows shows, but it remains white as it's not working.

Both issues only happen since the Power BI version was updated two days ago with the version indicated above.

PD: I have reinstalled as instructed, the problem remains. I have confirmed with colleagues, they have the same problem. We are within a large corporation. This version is definitely broken compared to previous versions.

PD2: I reinstalled March 2023 version, it works again. No title bar issues, no login issues. The login issues probably create a status where the app has not been fully initialised, thus the title bar fails. It's like the app does not know the file name.

I found March 2023 version here: 
Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

ricardcom
Regular Visitor

The problem is fixed in  2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 26 2023 version).

PS: I edited this comment. The correct date for the version with the fix is April 26, not April 16 as I was initially mentioning.

sgrewal
Advocate I

@ricardcom @v-yanjiang-msft  , Thanks for the support.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @sgrewal @ricardcom ,

Glad the problem was disappear, then I will close the thread.

Best regards,