Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

BUG::MATRIX VISUAL::NOT DISPLAYING COLUMN

CONTEXT:

PBID Version: 2.129.905.0 64-bit (May 2024)

All tables in DirectQuery mode to a LH via its SQL endpoint.

ISSUE:

Adding a second field to a column data well of a Matrix visual does not display said colum, not even its name. This happens whether or not the column is a calculated column.

Screenshot 2024-05-28 230459.jpg

Hi  @Element115 

Can you add the column in Matrix in Power BI Service ? Is this your first time loading LH data in Desktop?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @Element115 

Can you add the column in Matrix in Power BI Service ? Is this your first time loading LH data in Desktop?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Element115
Power Participant

1__add the column in Matrix in Power BI Service :  I can't because the field is a calculated column in one of the Dim tables, and you can't create a calculated column from the semantic model UI in the Service.  

2__no.

Please number your questions next time, so it becomes faster to reference them in the answer just by their #.  Thanks.

Element115
Power Participant

My guess is that the new PBI Desktop update for May broke something AFA the Matrix visual is concerned.  Because the previous version of the report running in the Service is showing the Class field in the Matrix just fine (granted all tables are in Import mode).  

Or could this be related to the fact the DimClass[Class] field is a calculated column (created in PBI Desktop) on a DirectQuery table from a LH?  --> It's not: I just add a similar field from the fact table, ie FactTable[Class], which is not a calculated column, and it too does not show up in the Matrix visual.  

So definitely something to do with the new PBI Desktop update would be my guess.

Element115
Power Participant

@v-yetao1-msft  My apologies, you can disregard this report.  I forgot you needed to select Drill on Columns on the Matrix Visual and drill all the way down for both column names to show.  My bad.