Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Get Data from Azure Databricks - April Update

When trying to connect to Databricks I keep getting the error "Value cannot be null.  Parameter name:  s".  All the connection info is correct.  Also after I make the first attempt and get this error I am unable to try again, the OK button is grayed out.  I have to click Cancel and start the Get Data process all over again.  I should also mention that I think this is a bug in the April Desktop update because several coworkers have March 2023 version.  When they copy my steps and input they do not get the error and they can make changes and still be able to press OK again to retry.

akweave1_0-1681936946313.png

Thank you!

Hi @akweave1 ,

The issue was solved with the workaround provided.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @akweave1 ,

Do you specify a native query or only query a specific database? Please try to reinstall the latest version 2.116.843.0 by the below link:

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards,

Whazeboo

Same issue here. Even trying to view the source SQL code of a DataBricks-dashboard created in an earlier version of Power BI version results in error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s". This only happens in the April release (2.116.843.0).

I tested it in the following earlier versions of Power BI where it works fine:

2.112.1421.0 64-bit (January 2023)

2.115.842.0 64-bit (March 2023)

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support

Hi @akweave1

Try to copy all folders in the below directory elsewhere, then clear the direcory and try again.

For the Windows store installed app: 

%userprofile%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\ExtensionCache 

For the PBI Desktop installed using offline/web installer:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\ExtensionCache 

Best regards.

akweave1
Regular Visitor

For now I uninstalled the earlier April release which was prior to 2.116.843.0 so maybe the bug was found and fixed after April 5?  Sorry I didn't make a note of the April release number before I uninstalled but I know it wasn't the latest.  It is working fine in my 2.115.663.0 version from March.  If I still have problems after updating I will try the Directory instructions.  Thanks!

akweave1
Regular Visitor

I've installed Version: 2.116.884.0 for April 2023 and still get the same error when I try and pull data in with a SQL query, even just a simple Select * From

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @akweave1 ,

The issue was reported internally, now the workaroud is clear the directory I mentioned above. If there's any progress, I will update here.

Best regards,

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @akweave1 ,

The issue was solved with the workaround provided.

Best regards,