Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG April 2023 version: Databricks connector - Value cannot be null. Name of parameter: S

When trying to make a connection to databricks through the power bi connector using a custom sql query, it keeps returning this error of value cannot be null. It did not happen with the same connection a week ago. 

renatocoronado_0-1681608635773.png

Hi @renatocoronado ,

The issue was solved with the workaround provided.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @renatocoronado ,

Based on the error message, please try to turned off the Autodetect new relationships after data is loaded option in File | Options and Settings | Options | CURRENT FILE | Data Load | Relationships.

If it doesn't help, please check if you hit the limitations

Best regards,

rappleton
Advocate I

Hello, our team are experiencing this issue as well. We can confirm that we are not hitting any limitations outlined in the documentation, and the 'Autodetect new relationships after data is loaded option' did not resolve the issue. Please can this be escalated ASAP as this has a major impact on production in a large company. Thank you

renatocoronado
Regular Visitor

@v-yanjiang-msft do you have any update on this issue. 

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support

Hi @renatocoronado ,

By my search, haven't found this issue been reported internally. There's a new version published yesterday, reinstall it from the below link and try again.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards,

AndreasHoybye

I and my team are experiencing the exact same issue. None of the above suggested solutions work either. It's fairly critical that we are not able to to edit or create new queries, so please escalate this issue. 

Best regards,

Andreas Hoybye

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support

Hi @AndreasHoybye ,

Seems an issue with several people, but I can't reproduce it so far, I suggest you create a support ticket, engineer will dig by the backend log. I will also follow up the issue, if there is any progress, I will update here.

Best regards,

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support

Hi @renatocoronado

Try to copy all folders in the directory C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop elsewhere, then clear the direcory and try again.

Best regards.

renatocoronado
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-yanjiang-msft , 

That solution did not work. Can you please help us here, I see many people are having the same issue. Where is the place to go to make a ticket and get this solved. It's been a week since I first started having this problem.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support

Hi @renatocoronado ,

You don't need to create a support ticket now, the issue has been reported internally. Now the workaroud is to clear the below directory:

For the Windows store installed app: 

%userprofile%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\ExtensionCache 

For the PBI Desktop installed using offline/web installer:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\ExtensionCache 

Please choose the corresponding directory based on where the app is installed.

Best regards,

refint650
Helper II

delete all cached, azure connection worked,,

For the Windows store installed app: 

%userprofile%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\ExtensionCache