Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Attribute slicer issue - all slicers changed from Filter to Highlight without any user input

I noticed today that ALL of my attribute slicers are now set to 'highlight' other visuals rather than 'filter' them. I didn't make this change. They have been set to filter for 2 months. Perhaps this was triggered by the January update? Lots of rework involved to set them up to filter again.

Comments
r_power12
Frequent Visitor

The attribute slicer is also experiencing errors displaying the values properly.

edgard01
Frequent Visitor

Slicer crashes when selecting aditional filters also

edgard01
Frequent Visitor

@Steve88 wrote:

I noticed today that ALL of my attribute slicers are now set to 'highlight' other visuals rather than 'filter' them. I didn't make this change. They have been set to filter for 2 months. Perhaps this was triggered by the January update? Lots of rework involved to set them up to filter again.

Steve how did you manage to make them filter again?

Steve88
Regular Visitor

Select the visual

Format -> Edit Interactions -> you'll see a little filter sign and a little pie chart sign on the top right of all linked visuals. 

edgard01
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Steve, it does solve the highlight issue, but the filter still do not work, it unfilters selecting another visual or slicer.

I think this has to be directly related to the January 2017 update

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

I had all of my "custom visual" attribute slicers corrupt the functioning of my "branded" microsoft slicers.  Since I didn't use it for more than a searchable slicer with a nice "token" trail of the selected items, I was able to change them all to regular slicers with the search bar...and not have the benefit of tokens.

It is an incompatibility with the Jan version issue as far as I can tell.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

I noticed that there was an update for the attribute slicer on 1/23/2017. It seems that your issue is not reproducible with that version. Could you please check it again?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

I swapped them out since we had a demo on the 24th am and it hadn't propagated by 6p 23rd.  I'll check in a bit when/if I swap them back.  Thanks for checking in.  Tom

yerdaman
Advocate I

Hi

Could anybody advise if the Attribute Slicer is able to visualise negative values (as per the stock bar chart)?

I am measuring variances and would ideally like to stick with the enhanced functionality of the Attribute Slicer but may have to revert if I can't find a solution.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks