Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ArcGIS is not showing join layer in reference layer options

I am trying to add layer join param in Arc GIS map viusal in power bi but it doesn't appear in layer options. Please, If you have any idea how to fix it ? I am suggesting that It is related to the new updates. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

To use the layer join feature, ensure that the ArcGIS reference layer contains attributes that match those in the Power BI dataset. The name of the attribute does not have to be identical, but the data type must be the same; you join numbers to numbers, strings to strings, and so on.

Join layers—ArcGIS for Power BI | Documentation

The Power BI ArcGIS-plugin has been upgraded with multi layer feature

Work with layers—ArcGIS for Power BI | Documentation

You may also check if it helps

No Location? No Problem! Join Layers in ArcGIS for Power BI - ArcGIS Blog (esri.com)

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

To use the layer join feature, ensure that the ArcGIS reference layer contains attributes that match those in the Power BI dataset. The name of the attribute does not have to be identical, but the data type must be the same; you join numbers to numbers, strings to strings, and so on.

Join layers—ArcGIS for Power BI | Documentation

The Power BI ArcGIS-plugin has been upgraded with multi layer feature

Work with layers—ArcGIS for Power BI | Documentation

You may also check if it helps

No Location? No Problem! Join Layers in ArcGIS for Power BI - ArcGIS Blog (esri.com)

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

pmor

We cannot see the 'Layer Join' option either only 'Zoom to Layer' and 'Remove'

The reference layer contains a join attribute which is the same data type as the data layer. But I tried strings or numbers just in case.

As far as I can tell we have the latest ArcGIS for PBI 2023.2.187

pmor_0-1705636670957.png

Was there a solution or something which is not being done correctly?

eseiling

I'm also having this issue- Join Layer is not an option in the dropdown - only "zoom to layer" and "remove"

mathmis

I have the same issue. I tried connected to an OLAP cube and also a Excel file.

Someone know how to fix it ?