Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArcGIS for Power BI - Join Layer field - Custom polygon parcel

Hi,

I have a map from ArcGIS with custom parcels layer (see picture below). 

parcels from ArcGISparcels from ArcGIS

In the visualizations menu of the ArcGIS map, I didn't use any location field. I used the "join layer" field to match my data to ArcGIS. And this works perfectly, I can select areas in the map and it will filter all visuals in my dashboard.

In my next step, I would like to have colors for each areas depending in a status column in my data.

My idea was to add this status column in the "color" field, but nothing happens...

Any suggestion to get these fields colored?

Thanking you in advance.

Hi @Nass ,

Based on my research, there is no such a functionaly to allow us to select custom colors depending in a status column.

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Nass ,

Based on my research, there is no such a functionaly to allow us to select custom colors depending in a status column.

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Nass
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Just to be clear, my request was to know if the "join layer" field in ArcGIS for power bi works with the "color" field?