Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ArcGIS Demographics Reference Layer No Longer Displays - TypeError Returned

Hello, 

I recently built an ArcGIS map that utilizes the 2020 USA Population Density ArcGIS demographics layer that is available in the demographics reference layer menu.  Last week I noticed this layer had disappeared from my project, and now when I try to add it back to the map it returns this 'TypeError' error message:

baltemus_0-1701707476157.png

I have tried to start a new file to see if there was something corrupted in the original project file, but was unable to get the layer to work in a new file.  I have also attempted to test in power bi service versus desktop and neither are working.  I have another colleague that this same issue has now happened with their projects which utilize these reference layers as well.

Is it possible there is an outage between ArcGIS/ESRI and Power BI?  Please help, thanks!

Hi @baltemus ,

Glad to hear your issue has been solved. This thread will now be closed.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @baltemus ,

Are you using the latest version of Power BI Desktop? Please provide your version information and some detailed pbix. (be careful not to include sensitive information) to describe the problem.
I tried to do a simple test but it doesn't seem to reproduce the problem, any more information would be great.

Best regards.

baltemus
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft

Thanks for your reply.  I just went to open / save a copy of the file to send over as an example, and see that it's working again.  

Thanks again!

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @baltemus ,

Glad to hear your issue has been solved. This thread will now be closed.

Best regards.