Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

April 2023 Release Desktop PBI Model View Properties Pane Not Updating

Hi - the April 2023 update has broken the Properties pane in the model view. I used to be able to click on a column in a table and edit its properties in the pane. Now the pane will not update when clicking on any field or measure from my tables.

Feedback Type: Frown (Error)

Timestamp: 2023-04-13T18:36:16.6400367Z

Local Time: 2023-04-13T14:36:16.6400367-04:00

Release: April 2023

Product Version: 2.116.622.0 (23.04) (x64)

OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19044.0 (x64 en-US)

Hi @trux66 ,

Kindly check the comments from MS engineer.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
ofridar
Employee

Thank you for reaching out! Could you please share some more information on the issue? Is this specific to one file? Also, could you please attach the full content of the error details?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @trux66 ,

Kindly check the comments from MS engineer.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

trux66
Regular Visitor

Hi @ofridar, there is no error message displayed. After working on multiple files today it is only one file which is having the issue at this point. I can edit the properties for the columns while in Data view but when I try working with them in Model view the property pane only updates for tables, relationships, or general property settings for the page. It will not show any column properties. I can click on columns, but the pane does not update. I tried clicking on columns both in the Data pane as well as within the tables shown in the "All tables" page or on individual pages I have created with just one or two tables displayed.

The tables in this file are all Import Mode tables and are used as a centralized data model for other visual and paginated reports. I was working on this same file yesterday with the March 2023 release updating properties, etc. without any issues from the model view. I updated PBI today and right away started having this problem.

I can email additional diagnostic information if you let me know what would help and where to send it.

Thanks,
Bruce

ofridar
Employee

Thank you for the added context @trux66! Please reach out directly ofdar@microsoft.com so that we can help while gathering additional info.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar problem today with a file that had worked before. In my case, only the "Cards" portion of the Properties pane were visible.

ofridar
Employee

@Anonymous thank you for reaching out! Could you please share some more details on model and specific issue? Any errors showing?

LasseM
Regular Visitor

I am facing similiar issues after updating to April 2023 version. When selecting a column from Data pane in Model view, the Properties pane is not updated and that makes it impossible for example to add or change a Description of a column. 

StephenLawson

I'm having the same issue.. I can update Properties of new measures that i am creating, but cannot edit any properties on existing measures