Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Apply Changes - not clearing after refresh or discard, enhanced meta format enabled

I've just updated to  2.82.5858.641 64-bit (June 2020) and I enabled the preview feature "store datasets in enhanced meta format"

I then has a constant "Apply changes/Discard Changes" pop up.  I had made no changes to invoke this.

I tried applying and got a green tick on a single table refresh... that did nothing.  the pop up remained

I tried discarding changes, the pop up remained.

I tried making changes to the said table and then applying changes hoping it would wipe the issue... not luck

i got "stuck" being unable to refresh tables etc due to needing to 'apply changes or discard" 

i was in a loop so reverted back to an old file from the morning, and quickly disabled the preview feature.  All seems well

So i think there is a bug with june or the preview feature?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Unifydata 

I cannot reproduce the issue. You may directly create a support ticket for assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Getting the same error after I updated to June 2020 release this morning.

Apply stuck.png

Note: I was getting the error:

Expression in partition n/a in table n/a references an unknown entity

Which has now been fixed, but get this instead.

dmmeissner
Regular Visitor

Same thing happening to me when modifying field and table properties in the relationship view interface (description and changing field names in this view seem to drive it most of the time).  Endless loop of "apply changes" click apply and then it pops up the yellow bar at the top asking me to apply changes again.  

Preview Features turned on:

New web table interface, Personalized Visuals, Store datasets in enhanced metadat format, relative time filter, model view for live connect.

v2.82.5858.641 64-bit (June 2020)

Gregk2

Hi there,

I have the same issue after the June 2020 update.

Cant apply or discard changes

Thanks

Greg 

Maia_Jin
Regular Visitor

Is this issue back? I'm facing this loop of applying/discard changes but I'm stuck, not being able to refresh my tables.

When I apply changes, I got a green tick on a single table refresh of 'Queries Metadata'.  The pop up remained. When I discard changes, the pop up remained with the error of 'Parameter6, Parameter7 etc'.

Any advice?

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 5.52.50 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 5.21.09 PM.jpeg