Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

App Permissions won't suggest people/groups

As of July 16 2021 the app permissions page no longer suggests people/groups based on what you've typed. It just says "You can't use invalid or duplicate emails" instead of a list of users or groups that match what I've typed so far. 

klinejordan_0-1626462143690.png

This has happened a few times before and took a while to get fixed. 

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @klinejordan ,

Please make sure the name addresses have been existed in your organization.

1.png

External users will not be automatically recognized as a valid address.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

klinejordan
Advocate II

The suggestion box doesn't show anything ever, even if I just type in "smith" and there are dozens of internal AAD users with the last name smith in my tenant. 

Watsky
Solution Sage

@klinejordan did this ever get resolved for you? We are experiencing this issue as well. 

klinejordan
Advocate II

It was resolved, but not by Microsoft. We had a Conditional Access Policy implemented that blocked some calls to the Graph API

AnnesofieS
Regular Visitor

@klinejordan I have the exact same issue. Can you might specify the solution for it? Does my user need specific API permissions or what was the case? 

Watsky
Solution Sage

@AnnesofieS , we ended up putting in a ticket with Microsoft. They were able to get it resolved. Put in a ticket with them.