Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

An item with the same key has already been added Error

Since updating our version of Power BI Desktop to 2.87.1061.0 64-bit (November 2020), we are getting an error every time we try to import data from our SQL Server. The error reads: "An item with the same key has already been added." It does not matter if I include the database name when connecting or just the server, is still gets the error each time. I am not even able to see the tables and views in our SQL Server. I tried updating to the December 2020 version of Power BI Desktop, but that did not correct the issue. 

We have not had this issue with an past versions of Power BI Desktop, so I cannot tell what is causing it. Has anyone seen this issue and know how to fix it?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I tried the latest version (2.88.621.0but cannot reproduce the issue. Try to clear permissions in data source settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-chuncz-msft

We did try clearing saved credentials and all other data source settings. We have also tried updating to the December version of Power BI Desktop. However, none of these have fixed our issue. 

We did find in testing this week that we can connect to SQL Server if we use the ODBC connection instead of connection directly to SQL Server. However, we do not want to change all of our reports to use ODBC instead, so we would still like to get this resolved, if possible.