Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

After the October 2021 update the model view is messed up

After installing the October 2021 update of Power BI Desktop, the layout in the Model view is messed up. The positions of tables in the model view are not situated as it was in the last configuration.

Comments
ebeery
Solution Sage

I am experiencing the same issue.

Additionally, it appears that any custom model layouts that I have saved have been wiped.  The layout names still appear but there are no tables in them.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Arie 

The issue is reported internally and I will keep you posted with any updates.

IcM 266775875

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing the same issue as well and was wondering if this is caused by the recent updates by Power BI..

All my tables layout in model view are messed up and running all over the place. i tried to create a new tab in model view and added some tables in it. However, all the tables disappeared in the new model tabs when i reopen the file.

This is causing so much inconveniences... How to resolve this please?

Thanks

kobia10
Employee

Same issue here. All diagrams have disappeared. However, if i save to template and look at the layout diagram in the pbit file i can see the json definition of diagrams. they just dont show

maddyp

Same issue I'm experiencing with "All Table".  Custom layouts are cleared completely.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exact same issue here with October 2021 Release.

asocorrocognex
Helper II

Yes, all custom diagrams are gone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here.  I had about dozen custom Salesforce schematic layouts as well as ERP model diagrams...all gone!   

asocorrocognex
Helper II