Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Admin monitoring refresh failure

Hello,

The datasets in the new Admin monitoring workspace wont refresh anymore. Also it is not possible as an Power BI admin to get an Admin role for this workspace. So i can't check te dataset settings.

refresh1.png

Error details:

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the AdminInsights source are invalid. (Source at AdminInsights.)"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 706ff8a3-0141-46d3-870f-5ac5c38258b7
Request ID: aaee75b8-262c-4e9e-87a6-158967a5a2d5
Time: 2023-05-28 09:42:21Z

Hi @Tiemen ,

I found that there are users in other threads with a similar problem to your feedback, but it is not reproducible in my case, I will continue to investigate the issue and will feedback here once I have any progress.

Datasets in Admin Monitoring workspace fail - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am running into the exact same problem.

Both refreshes failed with the same message (AdminInsights credentials) and I can't become a member or any other role in the workspaces access settings.

TSami
Regular Visitor

I have exactly the same problem and had created the topic for it too:

Link here. 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Tiemen ,

I found that there are users in other threads with a similar problem to your feedback, but it is not reproducible in my case, I will continue to investigate the issue and will feedback here once I have any progress.

Datasets in Admin Monitoring workspace fail - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

karo
Post Patron

The same problem. Dataset refresh errors. 

XCT
Frequent Visitor

Today,

Same problem :

XCT_0-1686039445980.png

bogdanblaga
Employee

Thanks for the feedback. Please open a support ticket, as we would need to best capture the specific senarios and we will look to fix this for you. We are currently investigating similar refresh errors.

Tiemen
Advocate II

@bogdanblaga @v-xiaoyan-msft 

The Purview Hub dataset started refreshing again since. Do I still need to open a ticket for the Feauture and Adoption dataset? 

admin monitoring.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tiemen yesterday everything worked again for me when I logged on to the workspaces. Today both refreshes failed again with the same error as before (AdminInsights). Contact with Microsoft support desk said that I should use a service principal to delete the workspace and re-initialize it.

TSami
Regular Visitor

How can you delete the workspace even with service principal? I can't figure out how that would be possible if it can't be done with "Fabric Administrator" role activated for my account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TSami these are the docs that they are referring to in the reaction on my support ticket:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/groups/delete-group?tryIt=true&source=docs#code-... 

I can't try it myself because I am still waiting for the Azure component to be deliverd by our service team......