Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Admin Domains (preview): Adding Azure AD Security Group to contributors do not work

Hi,

trying to divede a tenant to multiple domains via Admin portal and preview Domain "feature".

I can create a domain, but there is a bug with adding Azure AD Security group as contributor during creation process. There is no notification with error details (notification tab). Only message under Apply button in the same window:

"Your domain contributor changes weren't saved. Try again."

p.s.: 
Fabric issues should be also posted to Power BI forum? can not see Fabric one.

I found only:  New Idea button here.  How to post a issue ? I am used to use form directly in Azure Platform services UI. 😞

I have no idea about Label to choose. 

Thanks 

Hi  @datamind ,

Please check:

1.Azure AD Security group you're trying to add as a contributor has the appropriate permissions to manage domains in your environment. 

2. Try creating the domain without adding the Azure AD Security group as a contributor during the creation process, and then add the group as a contributor afterwards. 

3. Check the Azure AD audit logs to see if there are any error messages or other relevant information that could help diagnose the issue. 

You can tell which category your question specifically belongs to and then go to the corresponding forum to post https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/ 

vxiaoyanmsft_1-1685612472719.png

Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @datamind ,

Please check:

1.Azure AD Security group you're trying to add as a contributor has the appropriate permissions to manage domains in your environment. 

2. Try creating the domain without adding the Azure AD Security group as a contributor during the creation process, and then add the group as a contributor afterwards. 

3. Check the Azure AD audit logs to see if there are any error messages or other relevant information that could help diagnose the issue. 

You can tell which category your question specifically belongs to and then go to the corresponding forum to post https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/ 

vxiaoyanmsft_1-1685612472719.png

Community Support Team_Caitlyn

datamind
Advocate I

Thanks for a quick reply.

1. I am sorry, but I do not understand the step. I am the admin of the whole tenant and I would like to add a Security group as a contributor to one of my domains. I do not want to assign other permissions to the Security group on tenant level. Is it an issues?

2. I have tried ofc. does not work. 

3. We do not have Audit logs enabled. (basic o365 AAD). 

So this Fabric tenant/admin content belong to Power BI section? which label to do not make a mess? 

Thanks.

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support

Hi @datamind ,

When setting the Domain Contributors, you cann't set it directly.

For domain contributors to be able to associate their workspaces with their domains, they must have an admin role in the workspaces they are trying to associate with the domain.

For example:

vjianbolimsft_0-1686303049505.png

For more details, please refer to:

Domains (preview) - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.