Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Accessibility of Shape Text for Screen Readers

Hello everyone! My team and I are using Shapes + the Text function to put headings on our pages, as we want a specific font that is not available if you use text boxes on the desktop free version (Segoe UI Semibold). However, we are uncertain if screen readers will read the Text, or if we need to be adding alternative text to the shape so that it will announce the headings to anyone using a screen reader.

I have googled this question and not had any luck finding a definitive answer! If anyone happens to know, it would be deeply appreciated.

Example of one of the shapes (the bold text at the top uses a shape) and the setting we are using to add the font to it:

michellesogge_0-1690227293403.png

michellesogge_1-1690227293303.png

Hi  @michellesogge ,

As far as I know this is currently unsupported,Search (microsoft.com)

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @michellesogge ,

As far as I know this is currently unsupported,Search (microsoft.com)

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn