Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AWS Security Hub APIs in PowerBI

I am trying to use AWS Security Hub APIs within a PowerBI project. I have had no luck getting calls to it working. I contacted AWS Security Hub Report about this, and they recommended I try using the bare endpoint URL of securityhub.us-east-1.amazonaws.com. I used this URL for a new Web Source and Basic Connection, to which I recieved an error saying 'Unable to connect to the remote server' (screenshot of this attached). AWS Support said that this implies the issue lies with PowerBI somewhere. Do you have any recommendations or guidelines for invoking AWS Security Hub APIs in PowerBI? Is there anything in particular that I should try?3 22 screenshot B.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

I guess there could be a firewall and strict rules. I would suggest you collect a diagnostic trace in Options>Diagnostics>Collect diagnostic information. Take a closer look at the error section for useful information.

vkalyjmsft_1-1679560045963.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

I guess there could be a firewall and strict rules. I would suggest you collect a diagnostic trace in Options>Diagnostics>Collect diagnostic information. Take a closer look at the error section for useful information.

vkalyjmsft_1-1679560045963.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Collecting diagnostic information has not been particularly helpful. I cannot seem to find useful information in the files produced, and I am not seeing any kind of .yml file that this link implies should be generated in the event of an error:

Power BI Desktop diagnostics collection - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

I cannot seem to identify any issue with my Firewalls that could be the cause of this either. If there is a more specific piece of information I should look for or a particular diagnostic process I should go through, let me know.