Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ALT codes no longer work

As a (self-proclaimed) MS power-user, ALT codes are life. When Power BI Desktop got ALT codes, I was overjoyed and my life was changed forever. However, since the November update with the new ribbon (which is mostly awesome!), the ALT codes no longer seem to exist! I spend my days repeatedly typing ALT, H, R and similar key combinations, but to no avail. I sit dejectedly at my desk staring at my monitor and at my mouse, willing there to be a way to Power BI without using that dreadful apparition. Somebody please save me! I cannot go on living, forced to use use a mouse for a task as simple as refreshing my model. This is cruel and unusal punishment, and I kindly request to the Power BI gods that we would get this feature back. Thank you.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @LukeWalker

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 159395972. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @LukeWalker

I got information that "We filed a tracking bug and planning to address in February release of Desktop."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

LukeWalker
Advocate IV

Awesome! Thank you @v-qiuyu-msft 

v-xuding-msft
Community Support

Hi @LukeWalker ,

The issue had been fixed. Please have a try. Hope it is working perfectly on your side.😉

LukeWalker
Advocate IV

I've just updated to 2.84.802.0 64x (Aug 2020), but I am still not able to get the ALT codes to work. Is there somewhere that I need to enable them?