Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LVal
Employee
Employee

General Power BI information for mini guide.

I'm writing a mini guide on data analytics for ICAEW, which is the largest body of chartered accountants in the UK.

I've included a list of questions below and would greatly appreciate if you could Note that these don't have to be quotes it is more for general background information to help[ me write the BI section. Additionally, is there an on demand video of key features available? If so this would be handy too. 

1. Please list BI’s key features

2. Which accountancy software platforms integrate directly with BI, and can you please link me a full directory of direct add ons.

3. Which sectors and size of business is BI most suitable for?

4. Are you able to please provide me with a couple of examples of how finance leaders/teams can use BI within their roles and for use across their wider companies?

5. What makes BI unique amongst its competitors?

Would truly appreciate any answers for this. 

2 REPLIES 2
RD_PowerBI31
Frequent Visitor

Power BI key features:

1. Data connectivity to various sources.
  2. Data modeling and transformation capabilities.
  3. Interactive data visualization options.
  4. Integration with advanced analytics tools.
  5. Natural language query interface.
  6. Collaboration and sharing of reports and dashboards.
  7. Mobile access for on-the-go data exploration.
  8. Data refresh and scheduled refresh options.
  9. Strong security and governance features.
  10. Developer extensibility through APIs and tools.

Several accountancy software platforms integrate directly with BI (Business Intelligence) tools, allowing you to extract, analyze, and visualize financial data. Here are some popular accountancy software platforms that offer direct integration with BI:

1. QuickBooks: QuickBooks integrates with various BI tools, including Power BI, Tableau, and QlikView. It enables you to connect and analyze your financial data in real-time, generate customized reports, and gain insights into your business performance.

2. Xero: Xero offers direct integrations with BI tools like Power BI, Microsoft Excel, and Google Data Studio. It allows you to extract and analyze financial data, create dashboards, and track key performance indicators (KPIs).

3. Sage Intacct: Sage Intacct provides native integration with BI tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau. It allows you to access and visualize financial and operational data, create interactive reports, and gain actionable insights.

4. NetSuite: NetSuite offers built-in integration with various BI tools, including Oracle Analytics Cloud, Tableau, and Microsoft Power BI. It enables you to analyze financial data, create visually appealing dashboards, and generate detailed financial reports.

5. FreshBooks: While FreshBooks doesn't have direct integration with specific BI tools, it offers CSV export functionality, allowing you to export financial data and import it into your preferred BI tool for analysis and visualization.

2. Regarding a full directory of direct add-ons for accountancy software platforms, it is best to visit the official websites of the respective software providers. They often maintain an app marketplace or add-on directory where you can explore the available integrations and extensions specific to your desired BI tool.

Sat123

Dear LVal

I am new to Power BI and want to learn the data analyst certification course, however need to know who to contact as I would like the course that I want to join to be instructer led, I keep going round in circles on line, can you point me in the right direction ?  Thanks & Regards Sat

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.